We have provided a series of keyboard short cuts to help you navigate your way around this website without using the mouse.
Each different type of web browser has its own way of using access keys.
In most web browsers, the user uses the access key by pressing “ALT” (on PC) or “CTRL” (on MAC) simultaneously with the appropriate character on the keyboard.
The following are the different ways to use the access key function combinations on a PC or MAC and then browser type.
- IE - press the “ALT” key + access key and then press the “ENTER” key to active the action.
- Firefox 2.0 - “ALT” + “SHIFT” and access key.
- Firefox 3.0 - “ALT” + “SHIFT” + access key and the “ENTER” key are required.
- Opera - the user presses “SHIFT” + “ESC” followed by the access key (without “ALT”). Doing this will display the list of access keys over the current web page.
- Safari - “ALT” + access key.
- Firefox 2.0 - “CTRL” + access key.
- Firefox 3.0 - this has been changed so that the key combination only focuses on the link, “CTRL” + access key and an “ENTER” is required after the access key combo.
- Opera - “SHIFT” + “ESC” followed by the access key (without “ALT”). Doing this will display the list of access keys over the current web page.
- Safari - “CNTL” + access key.
List of access keys in use on this site
This website uses the following access keys:
- 1 for 'Home page'
- 2 for 'Explore the Ship'
- 3 for 'The Tall Ship's Story'
- 4 for 'What's On'
- 5 for 'Learning'
- 6 for 'Your Visit'
- 7 for 'Hire the Ship'
- 8 for 'Riverside Attractions'
- 9 for 'Your Support'
- A for 'Accessibility'
- C for 'Contact Us'
- F for 'Facebook'
- L for 'Links'
- M for 'Site Map'
- N for 'Press'
- U for 'About Us'
- S for 'Search'
- T for 'Terms & Conditions'
- R for 'RSS Feed'